Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sickness

Wow. What a day. I have been so sick with sinuses and other things this week that I needed a day of rest. I am tired...and I am sick. Sick of being tired, tired of being sick. For some reason the Lord has me thinking about being a mom today. I turned the t.v. on at lunch and during the day there are so many commercials targeted to stay at home moms. Also, some of my facebook friends are stay at home moms and I love reading their status updates.

I think about my friends who are single and in school. We are in seminary because we are seeking God's will and preparing for ministry. But isn't ministry for women within the home and the church? My heart's desire is to be a wife and mom. My heart's desire is also to disciple and teach women the Bible. Great news, my heart's desire is exactly what God calls women to do. I just long for the day when I'm home, chasing little stinkers around and freaking out because I'm really tired and have flour in my hair and my kids making messes in every room in the house. That will be the day!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lets get started LOL

Heather D said...

Oh my lol

mary said...

WOW you guys make me laugh! Heather I love you hope that helps! if not well, take some sinus stuff and send it to me!