Friday, September 9, 2011

A New Leaf

Wow, what a year. It started out with moving, planning a wedding and falling even more in love with my soon to be husband. Then I was diagnosed with mono, and was sick for months, even all the way up until my wedding week. On April 2nd I married the man I love and off to Myrtle Beach we went as husband and wife. We were both tired still from mono (Steven had it too but not as bad as me), so it was a very relaxing trip to the beach. Yet I still had mono on my wedding day and honeymoon! Mono is horrible.

Then it was time for real life.

A couple of months into marriage God answered our prayers to be parents. I found out I was pregnant when Steven was at work and there was a tornado hitting down in Louisville. He almost didn't make it home that night, but thank God he did because being pregnant was not news I could hold in! I was overwhelmed with joy because I have wanted to be a mom for years. It is so surreal and amazing that God gives us the chance to bring life into this world and care for it. Steven was overjoyed too, as his passion for family is one of the reasons I knew I should marry him.

The rest of the summer we were gone almost every weekend visiting, interviewing with and preaching (not me, Steven) at prospective churches. We felt peace about a church job that ended up not as we had planned, but I guess God had other plans. So now we wait for the baby to come. Well I wait, but my husband has to work a lot. We decided that I would stop working so that I could work at home and prepare for the baby. We have to make room for a baby in a one bedroom apartment. My husband is probably the hardest working man I know. He goes above and beyond and works for the Lord. We are still praying for and seeking where God would have us minister.

Life is not at all what we thought it would be a mere 5 months ago when we were on our honeymoon. Things are not always easy, but we press on. It is amazing how we can live a fairly predictable life, going to school and work, eating and sleeping, yet when our lives became one it seems like all predictability went out the window. This is life now. It is our sovereign God's plan for us, no matter how hard that is to understand at times.

I love the lyrics in this Bebo Norman song. We may fall apart but our Lord saves us from our sin and gives us new life. Underneath every trial and every joy there is a purpose and it's worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlR3Xoegq2I

So now I want to try to blog a little more. I want to share some things about our family and little tidbits about my pregnancy and sweet baby. I am 16 weeks pregnant and we find out the gender of the baby in a month! I can't wait. I am hoping for a boy, and I'm pretty convinced it is a boy. We shall see what God has planned.

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 3:14

No comments: